Wednesday 9th October 2013 - Thursday 10th October 2013
Dewar's Centre, Perth
Team event – Curling
A curling session will take place at the Dewar’s Centre on Wednesday 9 October at 16.00 – 17.35. Each team will have a curling instructor.
- You will receive a safety talk before you go on the ice.
- No alcohol to be consumed before you go on the ice.
- Wear CLEAN SOLED RUBBER TRAINERS (Outdoor trainers are fine as long as they are clean).
- Wear loose fitting trousers and warm layers on top to remove if hot.
The opening symposium will take place in the Hay Room which is on the first floor of the Dewar's Centre. This will be signposted from reception.
AV equipment will include OHP, data projector, laptop, flipchart and screen.
Overnight accommodation has been reserved for Wednesday 9 October 2013 only. Please use the registration form to let us know whether you require accommodation.
How to get there
The Dewar's Centre is located off Glover Street in Perth. Location details for the centre can be found by viewing this map. You can print a local map and directions to the Dewar's Centre here (external link).
From the Bus Station travel north along Leonard Street, then left into Caledonian Road. At the junction with Glasgow Road turn left and cross the railway bridge. Glover Street is on the left past the bridge. There is also a pedestrian walkway which links Glasgow Road to the Dewar's Centre.
Perth Train Station, Leonard Street, Perth, Perthshire, PH2 8ET. Perth has train links with Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leuchers (via Dundee) and Stirling. Click National Rail for timetables.
From the Train Station travel north along Leonard Street, then left into Caledonian Road. At the junction with Glasgow Road turn left and cross the railway bridge. Glover Street is on the left past the bridge. There is also a pedestrian walkway which links Glasgow Road to the Dewar's Centre.
Glover Street is located off Glasgow Road (A93) in Perth. For directions visit RAC Routeplanner. The centre has a large car-park.
- 1st year PhD students from mathematical sciences departments in consortium universities: you will not be charged (costs will be paid from the EPSRC grant or by your department).
- There will be a charge for other students - you should ask your department if they will cover the cost.
Travel reimbursements can be claimed from your department.
Register for the Opening Symposium
Register for the SMSTC opening symposium in Perth on 9 -10 October 2013 by visiting My SMSTC.